AYC Move

Cross Border

The call to move internationally can be daunting in several ways. We would love to form one part of that call worry free. We can be sure of moving your merchandise and household items to your new home to create the transition swift and seamless. We have a lot of expertise in moving households from Canada to U.S or vice versa. Our professional team can familiarize you with all the documentation you may require for the move as that's the foremost important half of the full process. We can ensure that you just perceive the process fully thus that there are no delays and problems in moving your items across the border. As there are different rules and rules for U.S. and Canada, the following list can be a sturdy starting point for you.

Moving from Canada to the U.S:

Photocopy of the first page of your passport including photo

Alternate photo ID (if you do not have a passport)

Offer of employment

Work/study visa

CBP Form 3299 US Customs and Border Control

CBP Form 3299 US Customs and Border Control

The United States allows household goods and furniture to be brought into the country duty-free, provided the items have been used for more than one year. This includes but is not limited to goods like:



Wall décor/other decorative accessories


Kitchen items like dishes and cutlery

All of this will need to be declared at the border when entering the country.

Additional information can be found at: http://www.cbp.gov or 202-325-8000.

Moving from Canada to the U.S:

US Passport/Birth Certificate

CBP Form 3299 US Customs and Border Control

Canada Customs regulations requires that the person who would like to move his/her goods to Canada from United States must clear the goods in person as an owner. Our representative will be in touch with you as soon as our truck arrives at the border so you can arrange a meeting at the customs office to make the declaration. You will require the following documents at the declaration appointment:

Passport or Birth Certificate

Photo Identification

Employer Letter of Intent

Work Visa

Marriage Certificate if the spouse has a different name

Sometimes, there can be duty, taxes owing or other fees that will have to be paid prior to the goods being released by the customs office. For more information, you can visit the following websites:

Citizenship and Immigration Canada Website: www.cic.gc.ca

Canada Customs and Revenue Agency: www.cra-arc.gc.ca

For this process to be as smooth as possible, it is really essential that you have documentation like passports, photo ID’s, birth certificates, Social Insurance or Social Security etc, all up to date. Of course, our consultants will be there to guide you every step of the way to make your move hassle free.